Saturday 28 February 2015

Dear You

Dear You,






You feeling down? Like something is missing? Like you just cannot go through another day pretending to be happy? Like everything is falling apart in your life and you are just observing from above? Like your hands are tied and your voice is gone and all you want to do is scream but you just can't? Like all you want to do is fall apart and cry but you are just not able to? Do you feel this way?


 Like you are the only one who is going through this?




 Look, there comes a point in everyone’s life when a dark cloud magically pops over their head, never seeming to leave, raining negativity and just trying to bring them down. Hundreds and hundreds of people have fallen prey to it. And, no matter what they do, it clings to them like a sinister being sucking the life out of them till there is nothing left. At least that is what it wants them to believe. 



'It will get better', people tell you, but that sinister being, it whispers contradictory things. And it is easier to believe this negative entity because it has disguised itself as you. And you start believing it. You believe that everything is a lie, that you cannot be happy, that the beautiful smile of yours is gone forever, that you can only pretend to be happy so that people won’t ask you what’s wrong, that you are alone, that you can't do this any more, that there is this perpetual hollowness in you, that you are done. 



You may turn to alcohol, to cigarettes, to drugs or to any other thing that you think might numb the pain or make you feel again. You may not return from this and that is what that evil entity wants. It wants you. 



And instead of giving into this, instead of letting it win, you need to fight, you need to fight with everything you have, for only then can this evil which has entered you soul will be kept at bay, though never quite gone.



You and I both know in our hearts that things will change. That things will get better. Sweetheart, this is a phase. I promise. I promise that your brilliant smile will be back. I know that right now with everything that's going on in your life, you don't believe this. But, babe, I want you to hold on, I want you to have faith, I want you to have hope.



I want you to know that I believe in you. I believe that everything will be okay even if you don't. I believe





I know that you want to be truly happy again but happiness is not a destination, like other emotions it is fleeting. It is temporary, just like the feeling that you have right now.



I want you to know that you are not alone in this rainy season, that you have me holding an umbrella for you, over you. Even if this entity has you convinced otherwise. I am there for you. Always. 




Remember, I am with you.




Love, Smriti




P.S. If winter comes, can spring be far behind?




I was going to text this to a friend of mine but I thought I should put it up on my blog as well. Because, we are all a little lost and in need of a little help even if we don't ask for it. Sometimes, we just need words to cheer us up, to pull us up when we are down. 
To all the people who are feeling a bit down, remember, to keep holding on, because things will get better. 













No comments: