Thursday 31 December 2015

Dear 2015

Dear 2015,


You brought a lot to my life this year, it was all nice with just enough spice. I just want to thank you for all the things you taught me. Some of which I would like to share here with my readers...



I really hate the cold. It brings me down emotionally and physically. Everything seems twice as worse. - January 13 



When people show you a glimpse of who they are, believe them the very first time. - 15 February 


I love a good surprise which is a contradiction to my need-to-know-everything attitude. - 21 February

Once your guard goes up, no one should be given a second chance because they don't usually deserve it and they end up taking the situation for granted and worse, even you. - 9th April


Some people just don't deserve to be taken seriously. - 10th April 


A person doesn't need to be responsible for your happiness. You can be the reason behind your smile, you can be the reason that you feel on top of the world. The best feeling ever- 3rd May 


People give up easily, doesn't matter what it is, it could be on a person or a hobby or it could be as silly as a new year resolution. But, they give up too soon. And sometimes even before they have given it a shot-24th June

The best thing you could do is to stop trying so hard to be okay with things, it's okay to do anything and everything in order to kick the negativity out of your life even if it means cutting off a few people.- 25 July


Some regrets are such that they are not the things you did or didn't do but things that someone else did which end up affecting you.-17th August 


Life is fleeting, death is sudden. And in the worst of times, you have only yourself to rely on, only yourself to put the pieces of your soul back together. Also, people have the worst reactions and pieces of advice to console you when you are upset.- 30 September 


Letting someone in can be the worst possible decision especially when they don't respect who you are. - 16th December


Love does exist, I admit grudgingly. It could be as simple as a car ride with a friend, music blasting from the speakers, you two singing on top of your lungs, or as mushy as 'the look' you witness on a man when he sees the love of his life walking towards him in the bridal attire, or well, as sweet as him sneakily bringing her to her maternal home to see her mom. - 20th October/1 May/27 December 


I am extremely asocial, to an extent that never ceases to amaze me. But, what I do crave is simplicity, which I find almost always with old friends- 19 December


People change. And sometimes so drastically that it breaks your heart. Some become a hollower version of themselves while others become 'everything' that they have ever hated.- 24 December


I love family gatherings. - May/December


People tend to disappoint you, sometimes even more than once. And you end up forgiving them time and again... Till you don't anymore. And that point needs to come when you realize that instead of having a discussion and trying to sort things out and explaining what you mean, it's better for you is to keep silent and let things go. Because, sometimes silence speaks louder than words. - 14th December

No matter how much you try to control things, control is never truly in your hand. Basically, we are all slaves of circumstances. - 31st December


So, dearest 2015, you were nothing but overwhelming. You have been the most eventful and probably, the best one for me till now. As I bid you adieu, I really hope there was a thing as a time turner, so that I could go back and relive a few moments...


Anyhow, a very happy new year to all of you read through this post. I hope you have a prosperous year ahead.


And to the dearest 2016, I just want you to be as eventful as your predecessor!!


Love, Smriti







No comments: