Saturday 25 February 2017

25.02.2017: A date to remember



I have bought so many books in the past few years that my 'to-read' list kept increasing book by book. But, when it came to reading, I just couldn't read after initial few pages.

I am talking about this girl, a voracious reader through and through, once, she used to pick up a book, no matter what the plot, she'd devour it. But, one day, some day, a moment, it was perhaps, that something changed. She couldn't put a finger on it, a feeling, her mental state or whatever. She just couldn't bring herself to sit and quietly immerse herself in a book like before. She was agitated, her heart wasn't in it anymore. It was one of the saddest things. This activity was no longer an escape, no longer a refuge. She felt lost.

Today, after so long, I did. I finished a book. It might not seem like a big deal to you. But, the moment, I turned the last page to read the last sentence, the last word. God, that feeling, that moment. 

I felt so... Happy. It was an altogether different kind of joy, so peaceful. Hell, a few tears escaped, in the freaking metro :D


25.02.2017 Smriti Happy ^_^


That's me with Candy <3

No comments: